Gaming Nerdz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gaming Nerdz

Home of the Gaming Nerdz.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Homework Help Thread

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
iDon
The Founder and Head of Gaming Nerdz
iDon

Homework Help Thread Empty
PostSubject: Homework Help Thread   Homework Help Thread EmptyTue Mar 24, 2009 4:18 am

If you need help with your homework, come here.

I'm doing Pre-Algrebra, so I might need help in that.
Back to top Go down
Wil
Admin
Admin
Wil

PostSubject: Re: Homework Help Thread   Homework Help Thread EmptyTue Mar 24, 2009 4:23 am

iDon wrote:
If you need help with your homework, come here.

I'm doing Pre-Algrebra, so I might need help in that.

I'll help ya, I'm in Algebra 2.
Back to top Go down
iDon
iDon

PostSubject: Re: Homework Help Thread   Homework Help Thread EmptyTue Mar 24, 2009 4:23 am

I'll let you know if I need help, I have a sis that's helping me, but...

But, thanks in advance.
Back to top Go down
Wil
Admin
Admin
Wil

PostSubject: Re: Homework Help Thread   Homework Help Thread EmptyTue Mar 24, 2009 4:25 am

iDon wrote:
I'll let you know if I need help, I have a sis that's helping me, but...

But, thanks in advance.

No problem.
Back to top Go down
The Vich
Admin
Admin
The Vich

PostSubject: Re: Homework Help Thread   Homework Help Thread EmptyTue Mar 24, 2009 6:22 am

When I need help in Algebra 2, I'll ask too.
Back to top Go down
Wil
Admin
Admin
Wil

PostSubject: Re: Homework Help Thread   Homework Help Thread EmptyTue Mar 24, 2009 10:32 pm

The Vich wrote:
When I need help in Algebra 2, I'll ask too.

You got it.
Back to top Go down
The Vich
Admin
Admin
The Vich

PostSubject: Re: Homework Help Thread   Homework Help Thread EmptyThu Mar 26, 2009 10:25 am

I was wondering if anyone could comment on this essay I wrote for history. It is about the Bosnian Genocide that happened during the 90's.

Quote :
War. Murder. Torture. Rape. Humiliation. Fear. Webster's Dictionary defines genocide as, "the deliberate and systematic destruction of a racial, political, or cultural group". Although that itself is horrific, genocide is much more than that. It is the way that the people are killed and brutalized. During the Holocaust, European Jews were rounded up and put in forced labor camps. They were starved and sometimes killed for no reason. During the 1990's, something similar happened in the Balkan nation of Bosnia. The Bosnian Serbs were carrying out an "ethnic cleansing" of the Bosnian Muslims, the Bosniaks. The Bosniaks were imprisoned by the Serbs and the women were put into rape camps. Our world has and keeps saying, "We are smart enough to stop genocides. We won't ever let another Holocaust." But we aren't. The general population hasn’t even heard of the Bosnian genocide. Looking at a forgotten genocide can help us in the present and future about paying attention to genocide's.
Many things happened previously to 1992 that would lead to the Bosnian Genocide. There had been hundreds of years of conflict between the Bosniaks, Serbs, and Croats. The Bosniaks (the majority in Bosnia) were Muslim, the Serbs were Orthodox, and the Croats were Catholic. The religious differences would be enough to make a lot of other people kill each other. But during WWII and the Holocaust, the Croats of Yugoslavia had sided with the Nazis. The Croats then killed thousands of Serbs throughout the war. During the 80's, Yugoslavia got a new leader, named Slobodan Miloševič. He had gained power through religious hatred and nationalism. In 1991, both Croatia and Slovenia declared independence. Slovenia attacked Croatia, who had started discriminating against Serbs. They bombed the city of Vukovar for 86 strait days. The US decided to not get involved, but they cheered from the sidelines. The UN at least imposed an arms embargo on Serbia. That didn't stop Miloševič. Eventually, at the end of 1991, there was a cease fire sponsored by the US. Although the world eventually intervened, it cost thousands of lives as the Serbs went on a rampage.
In 1992, Bosnia's independence was finally recognized. In response, Miloševič attacked the capital of Bosnia, Sarajevo. Serbs were posted around the city as snipers. They shot down innocent civilians including over 3500 children. The Serbs were moving quickly into Bosnia. As they marched, they took the Bosniaks prisoners. The men were put in concentration camps, much like the Jew were put in concentration camps by the Nazis. The women and girls were put into rape camps. Along the way, Serb forces killed many people. It was called an "ethnic cleansing". The UN sent in its troops to protect food for the Bosniak and Croat refugees. They were not to interfere militarily. Should the UN forces have tried to stop the Serbs, the genocide could have stopped years earlier.
The Serbs living in Bosnia were under command of Radovan Karadžić. He was the president of the Bosnian Serb Republic; an illegitimate country that seceded from Bosnia. On the sixth of February, in '94, Karadžić ordered a bombing of Sarajevo. 68 people were killed as the world watched in horror. NATO gave orders to the Serbs to back out of Sarajevo. The Serbs agreed and there was a cease-fire. The US tried to unify the Croats and Bosniaks. They hoped that with two ethnic groups against one, the Serbs would be outmatched. It failed to stop the attacks on "Safe Havens" (towns where the Bosniaks could live safely) by the Serbs. The US had finally intervened. Although, it was more supportive than militarily. They could have stopped the attacks on the safe haven instead of leaving it to two ethnic groups that constantly murdered each other. Maybe the next horrific event could have been prevented.
Srebrenica, a small town in Bosnia, was declared a safe have by the UN in 1993. They could not have been more wrong. For months, Serb forces were advancing farther and farther into Bosnia. They quickly took the "safe haven", even while UN peacekeeping troupes were stationed their. The UN had taken the Bosnian guns to try and prevent fighting in the area. The Serbs, however, took no mercy. Generals Ratko Mladić and Radislav Krstić were in charge of the plan. Beneath him were Karadžić and Momčilo Krajišnik. Karadžić and Krajišnik were actually warned by Mladić that what they would do would be considered a genocide. They ignored the advice and in a span of 5 days, the Serbs committed a genocide within a genocide. In fact, many historians believe that the Srebrenica Massacre was the only genocide to take place in Bosnia. They rounded up men, ages 15-55 and shot them. Women were raped by the soldiers and children and the elderly were sent to prison camps. Over 8000 people died in those 5 days. During that time, UN and the US were busy not helping. As said before, the gun of the Bosniaks were taken away and the US seemed to be more focused on potential victims than those who were suffering right then under their noses.
The US finally started intervening at the of August in 1995. There was a bombing in response to the Srebrenica Massacre. The Bosniak were gaining ground on the Serbs after getting weapons and food from Muslim countries. The Croat-Bosniak forces took back almost half of Bosnia. Peace talk started in early November and after 3 weeks, an agreement was made. Bosnia was split into the Bosnian Serb Republic and the Muslim-Croat Federation. There were also democratic elections in Bosnia. The war criminals were given to the prosecution for them to deal with. 200,000 Bosniak were killed during the war and genocide. A lot of those death could have been avoided if the world had not let it just happen. The US Assistant Secretary of Star, Richard Holbrooke, called it, "the greatest failure of the West since the 1930's."
The International Criminal Tribunal for the Former Yugoslavia (ICTY) has been responsible for quite a few convictions of people for their involvement in the genocide. Krstić was sentenced to 35 years in prison for aiding and abetting genocide. Miloševič was accused of war crimes. However, he died of heart failure before he could be found guilty. Karadžić was recently captured (7/21/08) after being on the run for 13 years. He has chosen to defend himself. Mladić is still on the run. The International Court of Justice (ICJ) has ruled that Serbia itself is not guilty of genocide. However, the city of Belgrade broke international laws by failing to stop the Srebrenica Genocide. The international community came together to help put these criminals away for a long time.
Back to top Go down
iDon
iDon

PostSubject: Re: Homework Help Thread   Homework Help Thread EmptyThu Mar 26, 2009 12:45 pm

Too much to read right now.
Back to top Go down
Coolies
Coolies

PostSubject: Re: Homework Help Thread   Homework Help Thread EmptyThu Mar 26, 2009 5:38 pm

Really nice

I love match

I can help
Back to top Go down
The Vich
Admin
Admin
The Vich

PostSubject: Re: Homework Help Thread   Homework Help Thread EmptyFri Mar 27, 2009 6:45 am

Sorry, that looks really hard to read.
Back to top Go down
Coolies
Coolies

PostSubject: Re: Homework Help Thread   Homework Help Thread EmptyMon Mar 30, 2009 2:39 am

What u doin buddy
Back to top Go down
peachy

peachy

PostSubject: Re: Homework Help Thread   Homework Help Thread EmptySat Apr 25, 2009 12:12 am

i dont know how many people are knowledgeable in math theory, its so stupid like no numbers but all letters and theorems to try and explain math. We spent a whole lecture on how to divide mathematical induction. Its like who cares, 4/2=2 simple why try and explain how the formulas were made, just use them Evil or Very Mad i guess i should have posted this under 'venting out your emotions" lol
Back to top Go down
The Vich
Admin
Admin
The Vich

PostSubject: Re: Homework Help Thread   Homework Help Thread EmptySat Apr 25, 2009 8:31 am

We just did mathamtical induction. Letters are stupid.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Homework Help Thread   Homework Help Thread Empty

Back to top Go down

Homework Help Thread
Page 1 of 1